Friday, April 16, 2010

P.A. Day fun




Today was so much fun, we took the bus to a friends place in the next city over.

The bus called the I Xpress which will one day be replaced by a Rapid trans (I hope). next post will be about the pro's to our city getting a train.

For today though we got up at a decent time and went to the chiro and then got some bagels for the kids they thouroughly loved picking them fresh from Rise N Shine ( they cook them daily ) you pay yourself on the honor system (their was a guy cooking but not paying too close attention to us!) I tasted from the kids picks but since i am trying to lose weight did not eat a whole one (thats equal to 4 slices of bread). Yikes !!!!

We took 5 buses when we counted in total. They were really good today lined up well, some days are frustrating if you don't meet your conection on time and that explains why so many rather drive. I sometimes wish I had a car but most of the time I am content with taking the bus.
We like having a snack on the bus and a nap too.
We are enjoying the bus to the market and the one that connects to the other cities for one price now too. The kids are even learning the stops and the names and numbers of the buses. I grew up on the public transportation and we had a car too... we knew all the subway lines and there stop names in grade school.

I want the kids to know how to get around, so they can get jobs and not be nervous on the transit as well as be street smart.

1 comment: